————-This post contains affiliate links———–
It is so easy to get caught up in our daily homeschool routine, that we forget to remember the blessings of homeschooling! There are so many things that I miss out on each day when all I focus on is what we need to get done for school, and my to-do list. And let’s be honest, some days we, as homeschool moms, are exhausted, frustrated and think, maybe it would be easier if we just sent them to school. For this reason, this year, I want to make sure I don’t forget why we choose to homeschool! I want to make sure I take time to pay attention and enjoy all the things I love about homeschooling. So today, I am making a list of why I love our homeschool and all the blessings of homeschooling and sharing it with you.
15 Reasons I Love Homeschooling!
- I get to enjoy being with my kids every day.
- My kids are able to learn at their own pace (they can move on if they have mastered something or we can slow down if we need more time).
- We get to enjoy time learning together.
- I am in charge of our schedule.
- We get to determine as parents what is important for our children to learn.
- I get to be my kids teacher!
- My kids learn about things that interest them now. (My oldest just got to try out a hands-on architecture class on schoolhouseteachers.com, which he loves! More to come on that next week!)
- Everyday is an adventure.
- While my boys have a lot of really great friends, they are each others best friends!
- Bible study is a regular part of my children’s education.
- We can do school work in our pajamas if we want!
- My boys have more time to just be kids!
- My boys love homeschooling.
- We have found wonderful friends our kids love to spend time with, and have co-op classes with.
- I know my kids feel safe.
This is just a few of the reasons I know I am blessed to be homeschooling! I have no doubt that I will think of more. Right now, I am really excited to start back our school routine after we finish our Christmas Break. However, I know there will be days again soon, when I am frustrated and tired. I know there will be times I feel like I’m doing everything wrong! So when those days come, I can read my list again, add to it, and remind myself why I really do love homeschooling!!
Now it’s your turn…
Now I challenge you to do the same thing. Sit down and make a list for yourself. What are all the reasons why you love homeschooling? How has it blessed you and your family? Add to it all year and remind yourself of what a blessing it is to be homeschooling!
Also, Comment below and share with me what you love most about homeschooling and how it has blessed your life! Let’s make sure we remind each other of these blessings when we need some encouragement!!